As Spring nears and our winter begins to end, we are seeing more activity on Lake Conroe. We all know our winters don’t last very long here in Texas, so we have began to prepare for the upcoming boating season.
Though we have had some changes in the weather lately, that hasn’t stopped many people from going out onto the lake. If you own a boat, make sure to make a quick check list before heading out. Here is an example checklist to get you started on preparing your boat:
- Boat Registration – Make sure your boat registration is up to date.
- Safety Equipment- Always check your safety equipment, it needs to be in good working order.
- Drain plug – Remember to know where that is located on your boat
- Mechanical – Check all mechanics in your boat, this avoids any problems you may have on the water.
- Electrical – Test and turn on everything on your boat, you want to make sure everything is working well.
- Engine – Remember to make sure you engine starts.
- Ropes – Your two ropes for docking and anchor rope
- Hull – Inspect your Hull.
This is just a general list, on what needs to be done in order to enjoy your time on the water with out any issues. If you have any more concerns you can always visit Texas Parks and Wild Life online, or call us and we can help you.
We are preparing our boats as well for the season. As a boat rental business we make sure all of our boats are in good working order before we board anyone on them. It is our responsibility to make sure you have a safe and fun trip on Lake Conroe! We hope to see you all this new year at Einstein’s Ship Store!
Lorena Villasenor – Store Manager